Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Fear vs Faith

"If you aren't living in harmony, you aren't doing something right."

Lately, I have been reading and learning a lot about fear vs faith. You really can't have both. It is either one or the other. Fear does not allow harmony in your life and if you are constantly living in fear than you will not achieve anything. 

Faith is the belief and trust in loyalty to God. It is an absolute belief that He is constantly working behind the scenes in every area of our lives, even when there is no tangible evidence to support that fact. And consequently, fear is a feeling of agitation and anxiety caused by the presence or imminence of danger. 

Everyday we make a decision, will I live in faith, or will I live in fear? Before, I wasn't aware that I was consciously making that decision... I went about my day being selfish. Thinking and questioning all sorts of different things and half of the time I wasn't aware I was doing it. My poor husband was the one who I would go to with all of this "fearful" garbage! Poor thing :)   

But now, now I am aware and I am choosing faith. Romans 14:23 says, "Whatsoever is not of faith, is sin..." Fear only steals God's peace from my heart and I don't want any of that!  
Whenever those little fearful worries start to seep through, I will come back to these:


{I will counsel you with my eye upon you. I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go.}  Psalm 32:8 
and
{The very hairs on your head are all numbered. So don’t be afraid.} Matthew 10:30-31 


Seriously, how can I be fearful of anything when God knows exactly how many little hairs are on my entire head? Sheesh!

Here's to trusting God and choosing faith

2 comments: